Devon Hartford’s Top 10 Writing Inspirations
10. The fear of bankruptcy. Publish or perish, as they say.
9. Making people laugh out loud when they read my books.
8. Dancing in the music of well-written words. 1980s style break dancing. Or maybe twerking. Rave dancing with glow sticks? You pick.
7. Old paperback favorites. I have a stack of old books on my nightstand and read from a different one every night before sleep. Reminds me what good writing is and how different books can be.
6. Discovering those “happy accidents” when your characters surprise you or your plot jumps the rails and goes streaking off in a new direction.
5. Conquering the world one book at a time.
4. Puzzling together a good plot and the bittersweet moment when you place the last piece. And the fantastic visions of a New York Times bestseller ranking that soon follows, and fades just as quick. LOL.
3. All the random little things I hear or read or see every day that always end up in my books in one form or another.
2. Hiding Easter Eggs in every book for my fans.
1. Living in the magical moments of my imagination. Yeah, it’s all swirly fairy dust and birds chirping in my forest office. Unicorns drinking from ponds, dancing gnomes, and cartoon foxes doing cartwheels. The usual.
If I Were Beautiful
(If I Were…, #1)
Publication date: January 23rd 2017
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance
Is life better when you’re beautiful?
Jane Johnson has tried every beauty tip and trick known to woman, but none of them have ever made men notice her.
Finally, something is working. She barely recognizes herself in the mirror. Is it her new haircut? Two years of yoga class? Her new eyebrow tweeze? Or is it all that nasty wheat grass juice her sister insisted she drink finally working some kind of magic? Whatever it is, something is transforming Jane from plain to downright beautiful.
For the first time in her life, men are noticing her.
Jane is getting so much attention from men she doesn’t know what to do with it.
Before her inexplicable transformation, she couldn’t get a date to save her life. Now she has a date every night of the week. Gorgeous eligible men are throwing themselves at her. They’re even fighting over her. Actual fist fights to win her affection.
It all seems too good to be true.
The only question on Jane’s mind is whether or not her newfound beauty is going to last or if it’s some cruel trick of fate that will fade away as quickly as it appeared.
Because everybody knows, when something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
***If I Were Beautiful is a saucy romance with a mystical twist that will leave you breathless to find out what happens next. This is book one of a three book series. Book two will release April 2017, Book three, July 2017 (or sooner).
Devon Hartford is a dude who writes romantic comedies because he likes to laugh as much as he likes to love.
Join Devon’s newsletter and you’ll receive teasers of his upcoming books before anyone else, exclusive freebie short stories and novellas, and no spam. Copy and paste this link into your web browser to sign up: http://www.devonhartford.com/newsletter/
a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway