Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Guest Post by Casey Sheridan, author of Number 69

Write What You Know. Write What You Like

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by!

I'd like to start off by thanking Lynn Stevens for allowing me on the blog today.

I remember reading somewhere (I forgot where), two pieces of advice for those that wanted to become writers, "Write what you know" and "Write what you like".

The first piece about writing what you know is a bit harder to do. I know about gemstones, especially pearls, because of my day job. I know about cats because I have them and I volunteer to care for feral/outdoor cats. That's not a lot to work with when it comes to writing a book.

The second piece of advice, "Write what you like", is a bit easier. I like chocolate, animals, jewelry, shoes, writing, reading, and so much more. But is any of that worth writing about?

When I sat down to write Number 69 I had some thinking to do in regard to "what I like". I decided to apply that principle to my character, Elliott Stevens. He's a tad older than most heroes in books since he has some grey in his brown hair, but he's intelligent, protective, has a sense of humor, and is playful. All of those things are what I like in a man. Yes, Elliot is handsome, but it's the other aspects of his personality that make him hot. And the dimples. I can't forget those damn dimples when he smiles, they're breathtaking.

I applied the "what I know" principle when I gave Melodie a cat. I know cats. I have cats. I care for cats. I know cats. She needed one and I gave her my cat. Yep, my cat Cecil is in Number 69. He's only in the first chapter and only for a short time, but he's there. And he's so cute in it too, if I do say so myself.

Figure out how to add "what you know" and "what you like" to your work, and you'll have a lot of fun writing. It may be hard work, but who says you can't have fun with it too?

Before I go, I wanted to ask if you'd help me out with something. You see, I love animals and I help care for feral and other outdoor kitties, and October 16th is National Feral Cat Day. There are activities taking place all over (U.S. and International). You can find out what's happening in your community by visiting http://www.nationalferalcatday.org

What I need your help with is spreading the word. I'm donating all my book royalties for October to Alley Cat Allies (http://www.alleycat.org) as a month long celebration of National Feral Cat Day. Let others know when they purchase any of my books this month the royalties will be donated and they'll be helping kitties live healthier lives.

Thank you so much!
Casey


Blurb for Number 69
A matchmaking party was not Melodie's idea of fun, and wearing vibrating panties was just plain weird. Or was it?

Should she go to the party? After all, she just might meet Mr. Right. And if he doesn't show, she has the vibrating panties to keep things interesting.




About Casey Sheridan
Like most authors, Casey Sheridan began writing when she was very young. It was later in life when she read her first piece of erotica and it was on a dare that she wrote her first erotic story.

Casey enjoys writing erotic, fun, and romantic fiction with unique storylines.

An introvert and lover of chocolate, Casey is happiest when writing. She enjoys reading, listening to music, and watching movies. She loves animals and volunteers to care for a local feral/community kitty pals.

Add your name to Casey's mailing list to be kept up to date on her latest news and releases: http://eepurl.com/bacS9D

Website     Blog     Facebook     Pinterest    Goodreads     Authorgraph