Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Guest Post by Monica Corwin & Decadent Kane


Blurb:
It is a truth universally acknowledged that any writer, in possession of a beautiful idea, will have a bad day and need to mainline caffeine. Ok well, maybe not, but as writers ourselves we know that everyone has good and bad days. The most important thing is that you keep writing.



 Guest Post
For this guest post I thought I might discuss the most inspiring trip I ever took. Last year, in December, for my birthday, I took a trip to London. This had long since been a dream of mine as I am a huge anglophile and I have a (not so) secret dream of becoming one of The Doctor’s companions. Anyway this trip was very short but packed full of inspiration.
One of my first outings was to find a bookbindery called Shepherd’s. It is an upscale papery and stationary store. It was just lovely perusing the paper options and book making tools…not to mention the fabulous handmade journals they had for sale. I bought one, of course, and everytime I look at it I have to pet it and think of that trip. This entire adventure was not without mishap. I took the number 24 bus (to see some sights) knowing it would take me close to where I needed to go. It turns out I got off at the wrong stop but close to where Ms. Irene Adler “lived” in Sherlock. Luckily, I had my map with me and walked to the store…unfortunately that office branch was closed and the sign on the door directed me to another branch. It took about an half hour and a lot of backtracking but I found it. The scent of the paper as it hit me when I walked in the door made it entirely worth it.
I did other things too. I wandered around petting walls and rocks imagining who might have walked those stones and touched that wall before me. I cried openly in Westminster Abbey as I stood in the Poet’s Corner. I adored every bit of that place. You can feel the life in the walls there.
I also did some geeky things like hunt down a TARDIS, visit the platform 9 ¾ which has an incredibly overpriced store. I also visited Baker St…which sadly did not have a 221B that I could enter (it was inside an apartment building). The Sherlock Holmes Museum happens to be at 239 Baker St but it is not the house that Sherlock lives in. I travelled there too…took a few tries getting through the Underground but was so worth it to stare at that black door.
So much history in one magnificent city. I will go back there and if I have my way, live there. I hope you can go there sometime too.

Authors

Monica Corwin

Monica Corwin is an outspoken writer who attempts to make romance accessible to everyone no matter their preferences. As a new Northern Ohioian Monica enjoys snow drifts, three seasons of weather, and disliking Michigan. When not writing Monica spends time with her daughter and her ever growing collection of tomes about King Arthur.




Decadent Kane

Bio:
Decadent Kane, author of the trouble with elves series, writes paranormal romance with heat. She lives in Wyoming with a full house: 3 dogs, 1 cat, 1 guinea pig, 1 rat, 2 kids, and 1 fiance.

An elfess in human form, Decadent enjoys dipping her fingers into the human realm where she took pen to paper and began the tales of the trouble with elves. Her obsessions include reading, Dean Winchester, and honey. 

She will devour your soul with glimpses of the feral ridden drow elves, with their dark skin and soul consuming. She'll sneak morsels of naughty thoughts to you via goblins, and seduce you into stepping inside the elven realm where females disappear when lust takes over among other elfish troubles.

Beware the sprites.

Follow the wisps.

But never look a drow elf king in the eyes...


No comments:

Post a Comment